AUCTION – Be a character in Bradley P. Beaulieu’s FINAL Shattered Sands novel!
Note: All proceeds from our auctions are donated to Heifer International
Bradley P. Beaulieu
Bradley P. Beaulieu will include you as a character in A Desert Torn Asunder!
Bradley P. Beaulieu is pleased to offer one tuckerization for inclusion in his epic fantasy series, The Song of the Shattered Sands. The character will appear in the 6th and FINAL book of the Shattered Sands series, A Desert Torn Asunder. Please read on for more details, as the Shattered Sands world is very specific in tone and setting…
Additionally, a previous winner of a tuckerization from Brad has generously offered to match the winning bid for this auction!
There are of course a few fine details you should be aware of before bidding on this auction.
- Firstly, the Tuckerized character will become a character in the upcoming sixth novel (A Desert Torn Asunder) of my new Arabian Nights-inspired epic fantasy series. If you’d like to learn more about the series, please visit the web page for Twelve Kings in Sharakhai, the first volume in the series and an Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Buzzfeed 2015 Best Book of the Year.
- Secondly, although this is a secondary world (i.e. it isn’t Earth and doesn’t follow our history), the cultures within it borrow heavily from several different Earth-based cultures: among them Persian, Bedouin, Turkish, Moroccan, and North African. The world is a fantasy world and has a lot of Arabian Nights, but also the feel of Sanctuary from Thieves’ World, or a bit of the Book of Swords, from Fred Saberhagen.
- Thirdly, know that I cannot use your name as-is. I can’t have an “Evan” or a “Sally” running around with Çeda and Emre and Ramahd. It simply won’t do. But the fun part is that I’ll convert your name into one of the cultures noted above. So, “Evan” might become “Evahn”, and “Sally” might become “Saleyma”. I’m very picky about names, but I promise (as much as I reasonably can) to keep the heart of the name intact. I’ll try to make the name sound heroic or dastardly or elegant or romantic, as appropriate to the character I create in the novel.
In all likelihood the character will play a relatively small role in the novel, but I’m going to include a few kickers in this auction, as follows:
- In the event that this auction breaks $750, I will elevate the character from a minor character to a character of some import. This won’t be a primary or secondary character, but they will have some bearing on the novel. Think of how cool it would be to have your character crossing swords with Çeda, the main character, a female pit fighter, or sneaking across the dunes with Emre, her oldest and closest friend! I’ll also ask you a few questions about yourself to see if I can adopt some personal details for the character.
- In the event that this auction breaks $1,500, I will ensure that the character either dies in a spectacular way or performs some major, selfless, heroic act. I’ll try to give the option to the one who wins the auction, but I’m afraid that story must come first, and I reserve the right to control it as I see fit. But as this is the highest plateau for this auction, I will try my damndest to make it something you’ll like. As I mentioned for the $750 kicker, I’ll ask a few questions to try (if you agree) to use some personal details for the character.
I will also ask the winning bidder if they have preferences as to some of the various choices—such as whether they want the character to be an ally of the heroes or the villains, whether they would prefer Persian or Moroccan, and so on—and I will try my best to honor those choices, but again, the story will take precedence, and if it makes sense to add the character in a specific place with a specific role to play, I’ll do that. That said, you’re paying good money toward a great cause, and I’m going to do my absolute best to make it worthwhile for you.
At the end of the auction, we’ll get you in touch with Brad to hammer out the details.
Worldbuilders is very grateful to Bradley P. Beaulieu for this donation.
Proceeds from this auction will be donated to Heifer International to support their humanitarian efforts worldwide.
If you would like any additional information regarding this or any of our auction items, please click “Contact seller” and we’ll do our best to answer all your questions.
Please note that though all proceeds from Worldbuilders auctions go to charity, you will receive an item or service in this auction; therefore, these are not tax exempt auctions.
Please post payment within 3 days of the end of the auction via PayPal. If you would like to use an alternative form of payment, please contact us and we’ll work with you.
Check out our other auctions!
See what’s going on at our Fundraiser page.
Keep up to date on the Worldbuilders website.